Wowee – What a Year!
2011 has been the most exiting year of my life. From 3 Gecko locations to 33, from 25 staff to 100, from dream to reality.
I would like to sincerely thank all of the parents, teachers, coaches, suppliers and Gecko staff for their hard work, support, feedback and friendship.
Most of all – I would like to thank and congratulate the thousands of children that we have worked with this year. Conscious of sounding like a cliché – there is something so refreshing about working with kids. Not yet tainted by our cynical world children provide us with inspiration, humour and a different life perspective on a daily basis.
Reflecting back on such a tiring but special year you begin to see the different influences that kids have had on your business and personal achievements.
The best thing to come from 2011 was the black and white reinforcement that Gecko works and is loved by kids and parents alike Australia wide. Bring on 2012!
2012 – The year of the Gecko - promises so much!
- Opening 50 + new locations throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Exposing thousands of children to Gecko that don't know about us yet.
- The official launch of our awesome new website. Thanks to Blick – You guys rock!
- The release of Gecko documentary 1 (Shrinking Karlos)
- The unveiling of The Gecko Foundation - raising money for selected children's charities.
And I'm sure this is the tip of the iceberg.
Merry Christmas to you all and we can't wait to GO Gecko in 2012.
Sam Wood (Gecko Founder)